The Fellowship is a positive and sociable volunteer-run organisation that aims to provide information, advice and support for people with Albinism and their families. We also provide information about the condition to professionals working with people with Albinism. All our Trustees are people with Albinism or parents of children with Albinism.
The Albinism Fellowship is a registered charity in Scotland, No. SC009443 and was founded in 1979, by our late President Dr. W. O. G. Taylor, a retired Ophthalmologist.
Our vision is that:
- All people with Albinism have the opportunity to realise their full potential.
Our mission is to:
- Provide information about Albinism.
- Raise positive awareness of the condition.
- Arrange opportunities for people to meet and receive support.
- Encourage the sharing of experiences.